ACO CAN MANUFACTURE A CUSTOM CLASS C LID.
Please contact ACO sales.
|1300 765 226
0800 448 080
+61 2 4747 4000
HOWEVER PLEASE CONSIDER, DO YOU REALLY NEED A CLASS C LID?
The following is a comparison between an AS 3996-2006 Class B rated steel lid and AS 3996-2006 Class C rated steel lid.
A custom/special Class C lid will be approximately 3 times the price and 4 times heavier than a standard off the shelf Class B lid.
The question is:
‘Do you really need a Class C steel lid or would a steel lid that can support a 5 tonne wheel load be acceptable.’
If 5 tonne wheel load is acceptable, order:
Note: NATA certified test reports are available to verify this
If Class C lid is required, order:
- Rhinocast Class D ductile iron cover and frame or
- Custom Class C steel lid - but note, it will be
- approximately 3 times the price of Class B steel lids
- not off the shelf, manufacturing lead times will apply
- approximately 4 times heavier than Class B steel lids
- won’t meet OH&S requirements of 25kg or less
- increase weight will increase delivery costs
- a NATA certified test report will be supplied
If you decide to purchase a Class C steel lid from another manufacturer, ACO encourages you to obtain, for verification purposes, a NATA certified test report showing the steel lid rated to AS 3996-2006 Class C.
Beware, other competitors are simply making false claims and should be asked to supply a NATA certified test reports to verify their claims.
Note: ACO has tested a competitor’s Class C lid and it didn’t even meet the Class B rating in AS 3996-2006.
For further information on Class C steel lids, click here