Effective planning of the urban environment is essential not only for business, but for healthy neighbourhoods, creating open spaces for the entire community to connect and explore.
A number of factors need to be considered when integrating drainage elements and service enclosures into an urban design. The importance of these factors varies according to each unique application:
- Visual appeal: do installed pavement elements need to blend into, or be a feature of the urban design?
- WSUD (Water Sensitive Urban Design) principles: do products facilitate or contribute to sustainable water management?
- User safety. E.g. slip resistant and heel friendly grates.
- Proper cable and water management planning to positively influence project life cycle costs.
ACO’s urban infrastructure products offer excellence in all four areas for stormwater and cable management. They are designed to meet the needs of high-trafficked areas and are purpose designed to harmonise with a project’s architectural requirements.
Common applications include:
- Public domains and community areas
- Streetscapes and shared spaces
- Residential developments and schools
- Car parks
- Green roofs